To install Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode
- Download Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode installers from the Windows Virtual PC Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=160479).
- Install Windows XP Mode by double-clicking the file WindowsXPMode_nn-NN.exe (where nn-NN is the locale code, for example, en-US) and then completing the wizard that opens.
- Install Windows Virtual PC by double-clicking either of the files Windows6.1-KB958559-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu, as appropriate for your processor type.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, click Start, click Windows Virtual PC, and then click Windows XP Mode.
- Complete the wizard that opens. Be sure that you record the password provided during the setup process because you will need it to log on to the virtual machine.